Monday, May 13, 2013

Mommy Real Talk

So for the last 2-3 years I have been posting about "fixing" things. Fixing up the house we owned and really making it ours... only to sell it when we were nearing the finish line.... Then fixing the house we live in now. We just rent this house but it was important for us to have the place we live in "work" for us. But, recently I have been feeling.... detached? I have been married for almost 10 years and in that time we have moved 6-7 times I think? 

It kind of makes me sad to keep putting effort into temporary places. Who knows how long we'll be here, and who knows if the next place will be the permanent place. Will we ever find it?! This is one of the reasons why I have not posted in a while. 

Yesterday, on mother's day, I was thinking about how tough it is to be a woman and more importantly a mother. Sometimes we have to give up a lot, sometimes our whole being for our families and those important people in our lives. Sometimes it is easy to lose your identity, dreams, hopes and expectations of the future to compromise with those you love. It is especially difficult to come to terms with these things when you feel that others don't agree with you, or judge you for your choices. It also stinks when you don't really have a close group of friends to express your disappointing thoughts or moments or your epiphanies. 

With all of our moving it has been easy to become alienated from others going through similar circumstances. I then thought that maybe I can take this opportunity to talk about those things and share my best mommy moments here. When I say *best* I don't mean my "perfect" children, husband, spouse. I mean little tips and tricks that have gotten me through the times when the above mentioned weren't quite perfect. How we got our four year old to actually eat her dinner before bedtime. Or how we make our 6 year old get excited about homework after weeks of endless whining. 

I realize a lot of these "tricks" or ideas are not new! But it's the kind of mommy code talk that a lot of moms have at a play group or when they get together and let the pretense of having it together come off. This is real talk, and I would love it if you would join me.

Related Articles

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Categories

About