Thursday, August 2, 2012

The new family on the block

I just finished a book for a book club in the library titled The Richest Season by Maryann McFadden. I was shocked as to how much I could relate to the protagonist. Although not in her shoes completely as she is an emptynester who has been a corporate wife for 25 years. I found myself relating to her angst and difficulty with moving around and trying to set roots for her family and never quite fitting in enough. 

                                                                             source

I think I am struggling with this right now. In fact joining the bookclub was an attempt to meet others that maybe I might be able to relate to, until I found out that this book club doesn't actually meet. You just pick one of the books and then write a review about it. 

I have been decorating like a maniac trying to keep busy, to keep my mind off how lonely it is to be in a new place where you don't know anyone and try to rebuild your life, over and over and over again. 

So now I am asking whoever reads this blog, how do you deal with major moves?

Related Articles

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Categories

About