Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Loving Life Wednesday

Today, I am grateful to live in a free country. I have to admit that I, along with others, tend to take for granted the blessing that it is to live in America. Despite the economy, the leadership at times, and policies that we tend to either stand for or against, living in this country when compared to other countries is a true blessing.

For example, take my mother’s country of Dominican Republic. While I was growing up here in the US, my mother told me stories of her native land. There, you could not get a basic education if you did not pay for it. Basically, if you could not pay for your education, being elementary school, high school, etc.., you were out of luck and in many cases would go without a formal education.

I cannot say for sure if this has changed, although it could have to some extent in the Dominican Republic, however,  I can assure you that there are many other countries that still live this very predicament today. Let’s think of how we complain about what we consider to be our substandard schools, teachers, supplies, etc. Well now imagine your child being told that they could not have an education at all because you do not have the money to feed them never mind educate them… Makes America look a lot better doesn’t it?!

 

<source>

 

Happy Independence Day, America!

Related Articles

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Categories

About