Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Faux Bay Window Curtain Rods

My Bay Window has been naked since I moved in almost 2 months ago. I was really excited to dress them, but not too excited when I saw how much the special Bay Window curtain rods cost. I played around with different ideas that I didn’t share with you, mainly because they were bad ideas….
DSCN4365

DSCN4363
I thought I was clever and was trying to hand make the curves to the bay windows using basic curtain rods..

DSCN4370
Lets just say it didn’t work out…
DSCN4381
The hubby had the disapproving face, believe it or not he is very actively involved in our projects here…
So we tried to come up with a better idea. We used black curtain rods with finials and made them match up exactly on the curves of the bay window.
DSCN4813

We started with the middle window, and made sure that the side finials would literally touch the middle finials when installed. 
DSCN4817

DSCN4819

DSCN4824

That is basically it, when the curtains are placed you cannot even tell that three different curtain rods were used.
DSCN4894

Next time I will show you how hanging the curtain plays an integral part in hiding the interior finials.

Related Articles

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Categories

About