Sunday, November 20, 2011

The art of deflection

I was talking to my neighbor today about deflection in terms of design. She looked at me like I was crazy. If you are reading this with the same expression, not to worry. It is very possible that I did make this up.

Deflection: a turning aside (of your course or attention or concern); "a diversion from the main highway"; "a digression into irrelevant details"; "a deflection from his goal"

 In design, I have adapted this definition to mean : The use of accessories and other elements to distract the eye from an undesirable element in a room. For my neighbor, the undesirable element was the tone of yellow that her living space turned out to be, for me it was the intensity of brightness to the green paint color in the kid's bathroom.

Here is a sneak peek at what I did to "Deflect" the color;











Related Articles

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Categories

About