Monday, June 21, 2010

The progress on decorating our home is slow and not very steady. We still have not painted anything except for my son's bedroom as a birthday surprise. More pictures on that next time. I want to tackle one room at a time so that I don't get overwhelmed and so that each room is allocated the sufficient time and effort. Consequently, we are still working on our son's room. However I did not want to pass up the chance to show you these beautiful chairs that I scored on craigslist for a STEAL!

Aren't they beautiful! They are very large in person and so very cozy. We are placing these in our front room which is the same room that holds our piano. Originally it was supposed to be our Formal Dining Room or Formal Living Room, but since we already have a family room, and a loft, another "sitting room" seemed too much. Our kitchen nook is large enough to host our 6-8 chair table that plus the carpet in the front room, discouraged us from creating a clearly unused space for us.

Therefore, we decided to make the front room our library/my office/my studio- since
A- I am pretty much the only one here that READS for enjoyment
B-I work from home
C-I am the only one that plays the piano and the piano must remain ( it weighs like 500 lbs!)

I am excited to really start this project and finish getting all of the furniture it needs. It is soo nice to walk into the house and not walk into an empty room.

So what do you think of my chairs?
Posted by Picasa

Related Articles

2 comments :

  1. I am thinking of using Relaxed Khaki and Universal also. But does the Universal Khaki have a tint of green in it at all? I'm really looking for a good, rich tan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it does have a little bit of green in it, relaxed khaki is very similar but a little more tan

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Categories

About