Sunday, January 31, 2010

Paint colors

I need help!! We are finally OVER staring at our bland white walls in our house and decided is time to start painting. I really want to stay away from the beige/tan colors that haunted our previous homes and want to do something different with this home. I already painted one wall a pretty bold color and it took some serious internal power struggle to take the leap out of my comfort zone of neutral "safe" colors. As a result I LOVE this wall!




































This wall leads into our kitchen/nook/family room which are essentially one big room. I want a color that will coordinate with the hallway wall as well as contrast it. Even before we moved here my choice has been Behr Valley Mist. I love the sea glass luminescence that it brings and it reminds me of the coast and the beach. While I absolutely love this color, I am a little worried that it will be a tad too much on SO many walls and instead of being soothing it will be overpowering.



















Posted by Picasa







This is the family room portion that would be painted as well as the kitchen.





My color inspiration was this beautiful print my sister in law gave me. Notice how its counterpart is on the entrance grey/brown wall.






So what do you think? Do you think this color is too much? And what is your favorite paint color? Would I go in my space? HELP!

Related Articles

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Categories

About